Hello!
We recently got our first Cane Corso this a couple days ago!Ã, He is a magnificent black brindle male, 1 yr old.Ã, He was a house dog to a single male owner in very urban Sacramento, California before we got him.Ã,Â
I am an animal lover, and so is my 12 year old daughter.Ã, My husband has not grown up with animals, but he also loves them.Ã,Â
We have a 5 acre horse farm in Langley, British Columbia, where I teach riding lessons and train show horses. We have two other dogs (6yr female Boxer and 5 month female Boston Terrier), and 3 cats.Ã,Â
I look forward to building a great relationship with our big new addition, and I hope to use this forum as a helpful resource for any questions I may have on this amazing breed!
JennyÃ, :)
Hey Jenny-
Welcome. I'm new too, and this has already turned out to be a great place, filled w/ lots of information.
Josh
Welcome to the forum! :)
hey what's your dog's name? i'm in SAC and i think i know this dog. welcome to the forum.
tara
Hey welcome to the forum
from where your new boy came from?
Hi again,
My boy, Bruno came was bred in Nevada, but owned by a man in Sacramento, CA.Ã, Ã, I've had him since Friday afternoon, and he is becoming quite interactive and friendly with me already!Ã, He was a little nervous at first, but now he wags his tail and acts all silly when he sees me....such a BIG suck! I'm starting basic obedience classes twice a week starting Monday....
I haven't introduced him to my other dogs yet....any advice on how to do that the best way?Ã, I don't want them to be jealous of him, and I really don't know how he is with other dogs.....he hasn't shown ANY odd behaviour at all, but I just worry since the little Boston terrier girl is only 5 months and very small.
Any help would be appreciated!Ã, I hope this is the right place to post this.....Ã, ::)
Hello and Welcome
Hi and Welcome. Your new boy is in a house full of female dogs? That makes him the "head stud-muffin." :DÃ, He should do fine. Just keep showing love especially to your older girl. I make sure that I shower lots of attention to my puppy AND the other dogs at the same time. Plus, each one still gets 1-on-1 time with me. Try not to change their normal expectations. I've trained all of my dogs for on- and off-lead behavior. I live in an urban area which places extra demands on them. I find this particular breed to be the easiest one I've had. "The Dog Whisperer" is a very good book that I wish I'd written.