Hi.
My name is Celso I'm a 25 years old boy and I live in Portugal.
Just found this forum while i was searching for Cane Corso's information.
I must say... Congratulations for this magnificent forum dedicated to this magnificent breed.
Recently I just bring home a beautiful Corso's puppy and I immediately went to my veterinary.
He said that my puppy was overweight and with lack of calcium. So he advice to feed my puppy with a large breed puppy food and also calcium and vitamins supplement.
Actually when i looked to my puppy he seemed to be fat and his front legs were bending a little in the wrists.
But recently while i was researching information to provide a good and healthy life to my puppy and of course happy too.
I read that supplementing a good quality diet with calcium could have a reverse result leading to bones deficiencies.
So despises introducing myself I leave a question.
Should I continue with the calcium supplements?
Here are some pictures of my puppy named Boris:
(http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8245/84131387.jpg)
(http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1522/16950697.jpg)
(http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/1696/70570605.jpg)
Thanks and regards.
Welcome and congrats on your new puppy.
The only way I supplement any calcium in puppies his age is to give a few spoonfuls of cottage cheese to their food each day. I also supplement with Ester-C 500mg 2 times a day.
He is a very nice boy. I would love to see how he matures.
i can warmly recommend to try product called glyco flex it has inside all you need, i give it to my sarpa as a must of the breed