My name is Laura, and am also in Oklahoma.ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, I currently have only one Corso - Ralphie.ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, Ralphie is 15 months old, and would like to be doing more training than I have been able to get around to.ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, So, I guess you could say I am a "hobbiest" when it comes to cadaver training.ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, I also have a bullmastiff - Tallula and she is almost 5 now.ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, She is an excellent example of bomb-proof temperament and used to get alot of chances to be a therapy dog.ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, Unfortunately, the time thing again...ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,Â
If it worked, here is an older photo(http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5d739b3127cce94124551512a00000016108AZsXLZi3cNc)
of Ralphie last year.ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, Show that even an over-active 6 month old pup can be sastified and contented with a hot morning of "work".ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, He's just getting his third wind, and will be right back to work in a couple seconds. The good thinkg about the third wind is all of the excess energy is gone and that's when the brain starts to kick in.
Oooohhhh, my grandson!!!!! ;D Can you tell more about the cadaver work? I have not "spoken" to you in such a long time.
I also love the car ;D
Welcome Laure, Ralphie and Tallula :)
Welcome on board.
I love Oklahoma.
I used to live in OKCity a long time ago.
Welcome!
Quote from: canecorsonancy on May 22, 2006, 10:42:24 PM
Can you tell more about the cadaver work?
I would also like to hear more information about cadaver work with corso.
Nina
welcome :)
Thanks for the Hellos! rather than take up space here on the Intros section, I will post a Cadaver thread in the Working section. It may take a day or two for me to put one together.
Man, there are all sorts of people here on this board. Thanks Nancy for pulling such a group together. Many from such exotic places...
welcome.... :)
welcome, i lived in oklahoma for a short while too. fort sill.... anymore pics of your ralphie.
Hi Laura,
Welcome to the board. I sent you a couple emails inquiring about the work you do with the dogs. I am presently
reading up on SAR and what it takes to get involved. I would appreciate any information you could post, with your
own personal take on Corsos in that field.
Thanks,
Lou
where do you live in ok. my mother lives in Atoka
Welcome :)
welcome to the group ;D
where do you live in ok. my mother lives in Atoka
Orlo - I live in McAlester, about 1 hr north of Atoka. I cover Atoka for work, and always enjoy the drive down.
Lou and Scott -
I am so sorry - I was on vacation out of state and then getting caught up on stuff at home and work. Will read your e-mails more carefully and get to you. For now, there is a section in WORKING that you might want to look over, as I tend to jump around when I get started.
Laura,
Thank you so much for all the great information you sent us..... you went above and beyond. I enjoy
reading about your involvement with your boy, so keep posting (we are all learning from your
experiences!). I will be in touch soon, have to go get my reading material before I start
trying to have a conversation about what it is I would like to do (hence, the homework :o).
Take care,
Lou