News:

Check out the CHAT :D

Main Menu

Hello everyone

Started by Vudu, June 04, 2006, 05:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vudu

Hello everyone,
My name is Doug Rice and I too am a Cane Corso enthusiast.    I live in Kentucky and although I would like to try the show ring someday, my interest is in training and working my dogs.  I have a two and a half year old female and a five month old male that love nothing more than to train and play and eat. (not necessarily in that order) but we have loads of fun anyway.  I look forward to meeting some of you all in the future.

Doug

canecorsonancy

Welcome Doug,
What kind of work do you do with your Corsos? And uh, should I say it again? We love to see pictures!!!!!!! ;D
xxx
Nancy

Irena



Beit Ha-Hermon (בית החרמון) - Di Dracarys
German Shepherd & Cane Corso
http://www.gididog.com (Hebrew)
http://www.gididog.com/hermon (English)

jojo

Hello Doug and welcome to this really great forum  ;D
www.canecorso.me.uk
www.canecorso.org.uk
www.thefocc.com

Vudu

Well, as far as working goes, I havent competed as of yet but my female seems to enjoy tracking the most. ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, I live in the country with lots of woods and my friend and I take our dogs in the woods to find familiar objects (toys) and friends that we will give a 15min head start. ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, we take turns working one anothers dogs and my female really seems good at it. ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, I would liike to do some SAR, but with my busy schedule I cant always just pick up and leave. ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, 

My Male is only about 5 mos. old. ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, He is fearless and I am doing some preliminary personal protection training with him. ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, I had him evaluated by a professionall trainer and the trainer is very excited about working with him in the future. He bite the tugs and sleeves with ferocity, then is ready to settle down and play nicely with strangers or anyone the very next minute. Its like an on and off switch. ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, He is still a puppy and I am careful not to overtrain. ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, but I think he is a great prospect as long as he remains such a stable dog.

Doug

canecorsonancy

It's good to start young. The first year they are exceptionally fast in picking new things up. Also after a year they are still fast learners. But that first year they are amazing ;)
xxx
Nancy

Veleda / Igni et Ferro


Cohors

360º Cane Corso

Tineke


Our dogs are for life, not just for breeding!