News:

Complete your profiles settings with your location! Other people can see where you're from :)

Main Menu

Howdy from Texas, y’all,

Started by Ron Ackerman, August 07, 2007, 03:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Ackerman

My name is Ron Ackerman and I love dogs, especially big, working ones.

Iââ,¬â,,¢m old, 59, retired from a major telecommunication company and live in Duncanville, Texas.Ã,  I spend most of my time training PP dogs and Guard Dogs.Ã,  I also enjoy giving bite prevention seminars at the local schools and doing exhibitions at events such as tonightââ,¬â,,¢s National Night Out.

I hope to learn a lot from the experienced members of this forum and maybe, just maybe, Iââ,¬â,,¢ll be able to add some worthwhile information from time to time.

I presently have three male Rottweilers, Zeus - 8 Ã,½ years old, Lucky ââ,¬â€œ 5 years old and Zeusââ,¬â,,¢ younger brother and Tyr ââ,¬â€œ 2 years old and Zeusââ,¬â,,¢ pup.Ã,  I also have my old momma Rottweiler, Duchess ââ,¬â€œ soon to be 11.Ã,  The newest to the pack is Felipe, a 19 month old Cane Corso, who was given to me eight months ago by my good friend, Roy Rojas.Ã,  Felipe is also the largest at 29 inches tall, 130 pounds and with a 27 inch head.

Zeus has competed in over twenty Protection Dog trials, with some degree of success I might add.Ã,  He earned both the Personal Protection Dog Xcellent and Patrol Dog titles and was the top ranked dog in both divisions last year in an international organization that I refuse to mention by name ever again.Ã,  He has also passed the CGC and TDI tests and I use him as my personal Physical Assistance Service Dog.Ã,  He is now working with me as a security patrol K-9, as is Felipe.

But enough of typing, without further ado, here are some pictures of my pack:


The Rottweilers: Duchess, Tyr, Lucky and Zeus.




El Mezquetal Felipe (aka Freaky Felipe), The Cane Corso




Zeus doing what he likes to do best, work.




Zeus doing what he likes doing after a good bite session, play.








2011 SACCI Working Dog of the Year

AKC CH, UKC GRCH El Mesquital Vulcan - UWP, URO3, UAGII, GNJCH, CA, UCD, Super Dog #74; CGC, RE, BN, CD, NAP, NJP, NA, CAX; IDTT, DHT, GTD, IDT3-Ranked, IDOB2, IDP1, ACAL3, TAN, WDST1, Olympic Dog; DD, WDE; CAL2, WD1; TDI; TT; Junior Jumper; HIT; PDC

Casa del Sol

welcome to the forum ron. lots of great people and good info here.

eddie
Eddie
www.casadelsolcanecorso.com


"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." by Vince L.

Akita

Hello and welcome hope you have a nice time one board.  ;D ;D

Irena

very welcome to the forum
Rottweilers were for years and stil are one of my top fev breeds, especially when it come to protection work, they simply amazing breed


Beit Ha-Hermon (בית החרמון) - Di Dracarys
German Shepherd & Cane Corso
http://www.gididog.com (Hebrew)
http://www.gididog.com/hermon (English)

Joe


Esther

Greetings from Patrick, Esther, Quibes(RIP), Baggio and Cleo

Cohors

360º Cane Corso

ben Fuerte

Hi, welcome to the forum  :)

have been grown up with some
rottweiler - looking good

have a nice time here - enjoy it  ;)

ciao  8)

BlueMoonCorsoDogs

Quote from: Ron Ackerman on August 07, 2007, 03:32:01 PM
I hope to learn a lot from the experienced members of this forum and maybe, just maybe, Iââ,¬â,,¢ll be able to add some worthwhile information from time to time.

:o what Mr. Ron your being humble? tehe dont let cyndi catch wind of this :)  ;D
"Agree to Disagree!" |   █ ♥ █ ♥ █ | Regards & God Bless, Nena Gb

www.CorsoLuv.com | www.BlueMoonCaneCorso.com | www.CorsoTalk.com | www.BreederWebDesign.com

CaneLinda

Hi and welcome!
Very nice dogs! Most rottweilers today look like they've been eating stereoids.. Yours look very fit!

Laura Ice

Hello there!
You have some good looking dogs there...
;D
Thats great what you do...keep up the great work!