News:

Is anyone reading the news box?

Main Menu

Hello!

Started by New2CaneCorsos, December 30, 2008, 06:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

New2CaneCorsos

My name is Nathan, I have my first Corso and am already in love with the breed. His name is Titus and he is 5 and a half months old. He is ful; of personality and great with kids! I cant wait to see him grow! Although he is already 70 pounds and some change.


This is Titus a couple weeks ago. He loved the snow!



Irena



Beit Ha-Hermon (בית החרמון) - Di Dracarys
German Shepherd & Cane Corso
http://www.gididog.com (Hebrew)
http://www.gididog.com/hermon (English)

BluSteel CaneCorso

Welcome to the forum!
Blusteel Cane Corso
www.canecorsoblusteel.com
Oklahoma U.S.A

marlyan


Joe

Welcome aboard!!!!  and yes they are addicting, you will have another soon ;D

justice

welcome and congrats on your new addition.

New2CaneCorsos

Just curious but what is the average weight at 6 months for a male? He seems to be much larger than most I have seen. He will be 6 months Jan 10 and he already weighs 77 pounds. I have him on Canidae ALS.  I was thinking of adding some Innova Large breed canned puppy into the mix.

Joe

Here is an average weight chart, it's not exact and can fluctuate but can give you an idea.

http://cane-corso.misto.cz/_MAIL_/English/en_info.html

it's in kilos, so just times it by 2.2

Doing the math at 6 months an average male would be around 70 lbs.

7 months would be around 82 lbs.


New2CaneCorsos

So he is a liitle on the larger side... Any advice on food? The Canidae has been very good so I was going to keep him on it but I have been advised that it doesnt have enough vitamins for his growth needs so I was going to add Innova large breed puppy soft food to it. What do you think?

Helmut

Hi Nathan, welcome to the Forum, Titus looks very nice ,from whom  hes out?
Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate !
Sigmund Freud

New2CaneCorsos

Oh.. I got him from CaneCorsoVero. I think his parets are Nash and Philomena.

Joe

Alot depends on genetics, if his parents are very large, that could be why, your vet would be able to tell you if he is excessively over weight. How much and how often are you feeding him, what is his excercise amount?

New2CaneCorsos

2 times aday morning/evening. getting about 3 cups total per day with half a can of soft. He plays a little durring the day then I walk him for a half hour or so. He goes to the dog park also about 3 times a week for an hour. He doesnt seem fat he is just freakin big! lol   His paws are huge. Thats why we call him bear sometimes!