News:

Keep your password secret and make it complex!

Main Menu

Introduction

Started by Kelly, May 10, 2007, 10:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly

Hi, don't know if I'm doing this right, my first time using a chat forum....
I'm from Canada, West Coast, and I dont own a CC at this time.  My dog is a lab/pit cross that I rescued 5 years ago.  I would love to get a CC, and have beed researching the breed quite a bit.  However, my dog is not interested in any brothers or sisters so adopting a dog of this breed is not a possibility right now.  I'm just glad I've had the opportunity to research at my leisure.

Irena



Beit Ha-Hermon (בית החרמון) - Di Dracarys
German Shepherd & Cane Corso
http://www.gididog.com (Hebrew)
http://www.gididog.com/hermon (English)

Kelly

I have a question about Cropping tails and ears...why is it done?   Dogs read other dogs by the tail position and the ears.  Is this mandatory for registration or showing?

Joe

#3
 I think that reading (tails and ears) would be more for humans actually, dogs can sense the energy from another dog, just like they can from you and I.

The docking and cropping was for purposes when the dog was used to hunt, the ears were cropped so the prey would have less to grab at and the tail is docked to, believe it or not,Ã,  be a handle to pull the dog out of porcupine holesÃ,  :o

Ã,  and Welcome to the forum :)

Casa del Sol

welcome to the forum...lots of info here. enjoy.
Eddie
www.casadelsolcanecorso.com


"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." by Vince L.

Stephanie



USA

Darrel

Hello and welcome to the forum :)
Ohio, USA
www.madrivercanecorso.com

ItalicaCaneCorso

Zoe DeVita
Cane Corso de Italica Terrae
USA