News:

Check out the CHAT :D

Main Menu

Hello from Philadelphia, PA

Started by Laurie, November 07, 2008, 12:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Hi!

I just found this board. My name is Laurie, and I live in Philadelphia with my husband, son, and our three dogs. The most recent addition is a dog that I adopted from our local animal control facility. He was listed as a Staffordshire Terrier, but he's clearly a pit/mastiff mix or a pit with a whole lot of big-headed, big-boned mastiff in his lineage. I think it's most likely Cane Corso, so I thought I'd do some research on the breed, seek out other owners, and learn about them.

I'm looking forward to being a part of your group! Thanks for having me here!

Sabrina & Dino

Hi Laurie! Welcome! Post a picture of your dog!

Laurie

Sure thing!

He's little, only about 50 lbs, and he's short. But man, does he have a big head! These are not the most mastiffy of pics, alas.






Sabrina & Dino

he's cute...definitely a possibility! how old?

Laurie

Not sure! His paperwork says 1-2, and I'm guessing somewhere in the middle to upper end of that range, like 1.5-2. He looks like he's pretty much filled out, width-wise, and his back teeth have a little plaque on them. But really, that's just a guess on my part. Young, anyway!

justice

Welcome to the forum. Great that you chose to rescue. You'll have fun here.

Garciano


ronjhoser

Welcome, fellow PA people.  Looks like your boy is a beefy AmStaff with a big head.  I hope he has found a forever home with you and brings great joy to your life.  About 3 years ago, we set out to find a good home for a APBT that a client of mine needed to surrender... he is still here, so I guess it's been found.  Enjoy your boy. ;D

Laurie

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

He is for sure a big beefy APBT with a big head, but I'm sure there's mastiff in his lines, somewhere. For the past few years there's been a trend among certain groups of APBT breeders to add mastiff in, for their heavy bone structure, large heads, and more impressive size. The breeders with the blues use Neos, the red nose folks use Dogue de Bordeaux, the short-n-wide low-rider folks use various bulldog breeds, etc.

Heh, sounds like your APBT had the good sense to land in just the right home right away.  ;D

One more pic!

Joe

Cute pup, big kudos to you for rescuing him, seems like a great dog 8)

KarenA

Hello and welcome, from a former Philly girl (now in Lansdowne) ;).  Enjoy your time here and thank you for rescuing!!  I am a CC foster mom!

Karen

Jerry&Kayla

hello and welcome  ;D  ;D
       kayla

BluSteel CaneCorso

Blusteel Cane Corso
www.canecorsoblusteel.com
Oklahoma U.S.A

Irena



Beit Ha-Hermon (בית החרמון) - Di Dracarys
German Shepherd & Cane Corso
http://www.gididog.com (Hebrew)
http://www.gididog.com/hermon (English)

Mary