News:

Check out the CHAT :D

Main Menu

New member

Started by mjones2, May 06, 2008, 08:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjones2

My name is Megan and I just recently adopted my very first cane corso. His name is Atticus and he is a beautiful blue with sparkling blue eyes. I had never even heard of this breed before I ran across an ad in the local paper and I instantly fell in love. I did some research before adopting him just to make sure the description the breeder gave matched the description of the breed in general. He is 10 weeks now and is doing good. He is a little aggressive as far as his play goes. I have a 5 year old and a 19 month old and so I am constantly having to monitor and make sure things don't get out of hand with the puppy mouthing them. His potty traininig is going well and he already knows the sit command. I think he is going to be an excellent protector and companion. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated and welcomed.

Mary

Hello and welcome. Congrats on your new addition! They are an amazing breed. This is also a great board to help with any questions or concerns you have so don't hesitate to ask.

Mary

justice

Hello Megan. Welcome to the forum.

kris_c_c


Janet Gigante

Hello Megan, welcome to the forum. Enjoy yourself.


Janet Gigante
La Faccia Cane Corso
www.lafacciacanecoso.com
USA

Bella Doll's

Hello and welcome.. I am sure you will learn many things, and have lots of fun here.. So where you from? Do you have any pics of your baby boy?

Have a good time here! ;D
Cane Corso's are not just my hobby, they are also my passion, my life, my love!
Bella Doll's Cane Corso
~Deborah~

Irena



Beit Ha-Hermon (בית החרמון) - Di Dracarys
German Shepherd & Cane Corso
http://www.gididog.com (Hebrew)
http://www.gididog.com/hermon (English)

mjones2

I am from the Dallas, TX area. I have tried to post a couple of pictures but when I do it says the upload folder is full please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator. I will keep trying and see if I can't figure this thing out!

mjones2

I think I have figured it out. Here are some pics of the addition! I included a profile picture. For those that are familiar with the breed could you please provide info on how you think this little boy measures up with the breed standards. I would really like to know.






rebecca

animal's for life!!!!


Helmut

Hi Megan and welcome to the Forum, here you can discuss everything related to the CC-world.
Your Pup is very nice, don't worry, If he gets older you should stay same pics on the evaluation corner. :) :)
Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate !
Sigmund Freud

Bella Doll's

he is a cutie megan, thank you for sharing his pics.. Who are his parents? A blue boy, very nice..
Cane Corso's are not just my hobby, they are also my passion, my life, my love!
Bella Doll's Cane Corso
~Deborah~

mjones2

Quote from: Bella Doll's on May 07, 2008, 02:33:54 PM
he is a cutie megan, thank you for sharing his pics.. Who are his parents? A blue boy, very nice..

Thank You.

The dam for my boy is Timoniere Bastya whose dam is Timoniere Imola whose sire is Capitano Ali and dam is Canitas Arabesque. THe sire for Timoniere Bastya is Perle Der Festung Kamu whose sire is Yurak and dam is Perle Der Festung Athena

The sire for my boy is Milreef's Omega whose sire is Abasi Del Colosseo and dam is Ravencreek's Nyjah.

Yurak was featured on the cover of aKutya magazine in 2003 and held the title of Italian Champion

This is the paperwork the breeder gave me so I hope it is true and accurate.

Joe

Welcome aboard, best of luck with the new pup.
Just do your homework on owning this breed and what you need to do to be in charge of a dominant large breed dog, and you's will have a happy life together :) :)
Tons of info and great folks here so enjoy. ;)


As far as ear cropping that is personal preference, here in the states I think it may help if your planning to show.

Stephanie

Welcome to the forum!  Good luck with your new puppy!!!


USA