News:

Is anyone reading the news box?

Main Menu

new to the breed and forum

Started by chandler84, December 07, 2008, 05:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chandler84

Hi my name is Jordan and I live in Las Vegas, NV.  I just got my first cane corso a few months ago and she is by far the best dog I've ever had.  I look forward to chatting and learning from everyone on this site in the years to come.

kgualtieri

Welcome, Jordan.  I am new to the forum also.  I have gotten 2 corsos in the last 18 months, and just love this breed!  Good luck with your pup!
Karyn

Irena



Beit Ha-Hermon (בית החרמון) - Di Dracarys
German Shepherd & Cane Corso
http://www.gididog.com (Hebrew)
http://www.gididog.com/hermon (English)

Laura Ice


CorsoInCA

welcome...where did you get her from?

Casa del Sol

Eddie
www.casadelsolcanecorso.com


"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." by Vince L.

chandler84

thanks for the welcomes..


Quote from: CorsoInCA on December 08, 2008, 05:20:15 AM
welcome...where did you get her from?

I bought her from a breeder in Hisperia, CA

J~Andrews

Welcome to the forum! Not sure if I'm familar with the breeder in Hisperia? What is the name of the Kennel? Im located in Fresno California and own one CC and two English Bulldogs, also new to the breed about a year into it! I frequent Las Vegas a lot as I'm in the Gaming Business!

Well best of luck,

Jason

Sabrina & Dino

welcome! I would love to see pictures!!

Mary


chandler84

Quote from: J~Andrews on December 08, 2008, 07:05:49 AM
Welcome to the forum! Not sure if I'm familar with the breeder in Hisperia? What is the name of the Kennel? Im located in Fresno California and own one CC and two English Bulldogs, also new to the breed about a year into it! I frequent Las Vegas a lot as I'm in the Gaming Business!

Well best of luck,

Jason


well i guess i should rephrase that. i bought her from a family in hisperia that had 2 cane corsos that had a litter of puppies that they weren't expecting. as far as i know my dog may not even be a pure bred cane corso cause she isnt papered. they had the parents on site and they were both very good looking dogs but with me being new to the breed i really dont know if the parents were pure bred corsos. the father was approx 140 lbs and the mother was 90lbs. i guess i cant complain too much cause i only paid $500 for my dog and she is in perfect health so far. i know i should have waited and made sure that i was getting a pure bred but i am an impatient person and i really wanted one. it was about 3 weeks from the time i was first introduced to a cane corso until the time i owned one. i also didnt have an extra $2500 to spend on a dog so this seemed like the best idea at the time. now that ive had her for a few months i wouldnt trade her for anything even if she isnt pure bred, she is by far the best dog ive ever owned and i could not be more excited. with that said my next corso will be a little more planned out and i will spend top dollar for it. i know it will be a blue male and i think i will purchase him from red rock cane corso or castleguard cane corso. one thing i have definitely learned is that this is truly an exceptional breed and i will always have at least one of these dogs living with me for the rest of my life. my only concern at this time is i hope she gets bigger than she is now, she is 6 months old and just over 70 lbs.

Mia Nera

if shes 6 months and 70 lbs you are doing way fine. Also keep in mind depending on your dogs bloodline they could still have a lot of growing to do up to 2 years old. One of the other members of this board mentioned that her female grew 4 inches after she was a year old. Mastiff breeds tend to grow slowly and for a long time from what I've been told.

Here is a chart that has an average growth rate in kg. just google a metric converter and plug it in.

http://cane-corso.misto.cz/_MAIL_/English/en_info.html

Blue Ridge Corsos

JoAnne
Blue Ridge Corsos

www.BlueRidgeCaneCorsos.com

J~Andrews

Once again Welcome Chandler

A dog loved and with a great family is the best! Who cares if they are pure breed or not, as long as you and your family are happy! :)


Your thoughts about getting a dog from Shauna are without question, she is a wonderful breeder and well respected! I'm not to familar with Kurt at Red Rock, but he does have nice dogs!

Best of Luck and welcome to the CC community again, I hope we will run into each other at some of the CC functions!

Jason

chandler84

Quote from: J~Andrews on December 10, 2008, 01:35:33 AM
Once again Welcome Chandler

A dog loved and with a great family is the best! Who cares if they are pure breed or not, as long as you and your family are happy! :)


Your thoughts about getting a dog from Shauna are without question, she is a wonderful breeder and well respected! I'm not to familar with Kurt at Red Rock, but he does have nice dogs!

Best of Luck and welcome to the CC community again, I hope we will run into each other at some of the CC functions!

Jason

thanks again for the warm welcome and i would definitely look forward to possibly meeting at a cc function.