News:

Keep your password secret and make it complex!

Main Menu

Hello All Newbie from chicagoland

Started by kathygill, October 16, 2006, 11:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kathygill

 Hello Everyone.
We are the proud owners of a senior citizen corso named thunder.
We live in a suburb northwest of chicago and have had the dog for 4 years now.
He has very bad hips and we do plan on picking up Corso Pup after we have to do what we have to do.

But I have to say the vet gave him 6 monthsÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  3 years ago so we must be doin somethin right.
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, Lookin forward to meeting new Corso FriendsÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  Kathy



Me and My Mr. TÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  Last Halloween

canecorsonancy

Welcome on board ;D
Do you have a digital pic of that x-ray they took from your Mr.T? I'm curious how bad those hips really are. I remember a dog that needed hipsurgery according to the vet. But the owner did not do it because the dog was not in pain. Later he x-rayed officially and the dog was HD A. Just another vet wanting to make a quick profit over the back of a dog and its owner ::)
xxx
Nancy

Yulia

Hello Kathy and Welcome to forum

Yulia
Yulia Washington
Cane Corso de Impero Russo

www.ImperoRusso.us

Garciano

Hi to You and Ron and let's not forget MR "T"............Welcome to you all ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

kathygill

Actually I do have the xrays from about 3 years ago when he was diagnosed.
We haven't had others done since just  a variety of meds, vitamins, and diet. We tried to find a specialist for hip replacment but no luck due to his size and it being both hips and his age.. We also tried for the partial surgery where they just remove the knuckle but again no luck do to his size and age.


Irena

welcome to the forum
so sorry to hear about your old boy  :(


Beit Ha-Hermon (בית החרמון) - Di Dracarys
German Shepherd & Cane Corso
http://www.gididog.com (Hebrew)
http://www.gididog.com/hermon (English)

canecorsonancy

Quote from: kathygill on October 17, 2006, 12:29:10 AM
Actually I do have the xrays from about 3 years ago when he was diagnosed.
We haven't had others done since justÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  a variety of meds, vitamins, and diet. We tried to find a specialist for hip replacment but no luck due to his size and it being both hips and his age.. We also tried for the partial surgery where they just remove the knuckle but again no luck do to his size and age.



Could you make a digital picture of that x-ray? Just hang the x-ray on a window with a bright sky as background and make a picture without using the flash. If you can, please e-mail it to me. I collect these things and learn a lot from doing that.
The femurheadremoval works for dogs up to 30kg's (=65 lbs). It is done on heavier dogs. But those dogs often do walk with a limp after that. But most important, they are not in any pain. But the vet gave him 6 months and that was 3 years ago. So indeed, you must do something right ;D Go for it Mr.T! :D
xxx
Nancy

kathygill

Yes I can do that I will have to dig them out I think they are in the attic.But, I do know for a fact they are 100 times worse than when he had the xrays I can see the bone deformed through his skin.
I know that sounds really bad but the dog still goes on the couch. Plus hes on some good meds.

I will try and get that done later today            Kathy

Milla

What kind of medicin is he on?

Please, post a picture of him standing.... ;)
- Puppies born -

kathygill

Quote from: Milla on October 17, 2006, 04:40:37 PM
What kind of medicin is he on?

Please, post a picture of him standing.... ;)


I had him on rimadyl for a year and when we realized he was still going to be around I took him off because of the side effects
Now his is on vitamins from GNC the chewy peanut butter flavoured glucosamine and chewy ester-c
plus we switched to artimis and canidae food and medicam medicine from the vet.
The only bummer is the weight he isn't active the pdsÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  pack on even if we monitor his food intake.

Here he is standing pic from aboveÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  you can see the right looks out of socket it is so deformed



Here he is standing and again they are both bad but the right appears worse



I fished out the xrays but they were in the attic and the heat over summer summer warped the films

Stephanie

Welcome to the board and hope the best for you and Mr. T.ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, ;)

There are a lot of great people with great information here!


USA

Casa del Sol

hello and welcome to the forum. i wish you and your corso the best.
Eddie
www.casadelsolcanecorso.com


"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." by Vince L.

Esther

Greetings from Patrick, Esther, Quibes(RIP), Baggio and Cleo

Veleda / Igni et Ferro

Welcome here, and a kiss for your corso from me

Leilani

Aloha and welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your problems with Thunder...
Aloha and ciao,

Leilani

California Cane Corso

Cane Corso Owner since 2001