News:

Do you like this forum? Do you want to give a donation? Click the "Donate" button. Thanks to people who have donated already!

Main Menu

hi

Started by curly, December 03, 2006, 09:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

curly

hi
Hi kids, new member curly here.  I found this board while checking Nancy's site for news on her great doggies.  I'm starting my research for a new friend so hopefully I'll be fully informed and ready when my old girl 'cupcake' moves on to the great master's bed in the sky.

I have the pleasure of living with two hounds:  Cupcake and Wally.  Cupcake is a yellow Lab who I inherited when her previous owner could not keep her anymore.  Wally is one of a litter from a Cane Corso that I found on the street here in Brooklyn.  I found out that Wally's mother had been waiting on the corner all day for her master to return but sadly it was obvious she had been dumped.  I took her home and I was completely clueless as to her condition of pregnancy.  Two weeks later I went out and thought she had killed a rat but the rat turned out to be a newborn puppie.  She died from whelping that day and left four orphans which my small but powerhouse mutt, Sophie, adopted immediately.  Three pups lived past day 2 and I still have one of them; Wally who is now 2 years old.  One of the other pups was adopted a few days after whelping and Wally's brother, Yogi, lives nearby with a friend of mine.  They are great dogs and really help keep the crackheads at bay, lol.

I wrote Nancy when the pups were a couple weeks old for some advice and she was very generous with her help.  I have never gotten a dog from her but from my experience Nancy is my first choice breeder.  Her dogs look great and they seem to be very happy living together.

Nice to meet you all and thanks for having me.

curly

Irena

wow what a story
welcome to the forum  :)


Beit Ha-Hermon (בית החרמון) - Di Dracarys
German Shepherd & Cane Corso
http://www.gididog.com (Hebrew)
http://www.gididog.com/hermon (English)

canecorsonancy

Hi Curly,

Welcome on board ;D Great to hear the pups are doing good and they found good owners near you.
Have fun on the forum.
xxx
Nancy

Mashkin

Hi Curly,
welcome!

CaneLinda

.. I agree! What a story!
Always nice with happy endings!

Casa del Sol

well done curly, the world needs more dog lovers like you...i applaud your work.
Eddie
www.casadelsolcanecorso.com


"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." by Vince L.

ninci

Welcome and enjoy here :)
The dog is a friend and its great values are not in the body, but in the spirit!

jojo

Welcome Curly, fantastic Story.

www.canecorso.me.uk
www.canecorso.org.uk
www.thefocc.com

Del-Orte

indeed - story like from movie! I'm glad to meet here such people.
---------
Marcin Luciak

Del-Orte Kennel
www.delorte.pl

Yulia

Hello Curly and welcome to forum
It's a beautiful story and I am really thankful for caring people like you. Have fun in this awesome board.

Yulia  Dallas, TX
Yulia Washington
Cane Corso de Impero Russo

www.ImperoRusso.us

curly

Wow!  Thanks for all the great warm welcomes from all you fabulous folks.  I finally figured out how to set notifications on replies, HA.  It's very nice to meet you all.

Here's an epilogue to my abridged story in the form of a picture of me and the boys at Yogi's house.  They're obviously not the finest breeding stock, in fact not breeders at all now, but I love 'em to death and they're great kids.

Thanks all,
curl

[attachment deleted by admin]

Garciano

welcome and enjoy  ;D

wantacorso

Thanks for rescuing your pups.  We need more people like you that will take on whatever it takes to give one of our canine friends a home and life.

ben Fuerte

Quote from: Del-Orte on December 05, 2006, 02:44:22 PM
indeed - story like from movie! I'm glad to meet here such people.

Hello and welcome  :)

hope youÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,´ll enjoy

ciao  8)

Jessica

Welcome, and like others also have written, what a story!
*** Dogs for life ***
www.diocanes.com